Monday, June 23, 2008

Diary to my Daughter, Week 1


This is an entry in the diary that I am keeping for Sophia, hope you enjoy a peek at her life.


Dear Sophia,
As I promised, I will be writing in a journal to you so that when you are older you can look back and see what you were like as a little girl. My memory is not the best so I usually need to write this stuff down, and some of it is too cute not to capture.

At 22 (and a half) months old, this is what your world looks like:

You love to say “No, Mommy” to everything I ask you.

Me: “Sophia, do you need to go potty?”
You: “No, Mommy!”

Me: “Sophia, do you want some milk or juice?”
You: “No, Mommy!”

Me: “Sophia, do you want to color in your coloring book?”
You: “No, Mommy!”

Just for comic relief I ask, “Sophia, do you want a million dollars?”
Of course you reply, “No, Mommy!”

You LOVE boys. I know this because everywhere we go (the grocery store, a restaurant, on the plane a few weeks ago, at the pool yesterday) you point them out to me. “Mommy” you shout excitedly, “boy!” On Saturday we went to dinner with friend from Daddy’s work. His 4 year old little boy wanted to sit next to you at the table and the two of you held hands for ten minutes until our food arrived. Then he shared his French fries and ketchup with you – because you are very bossy and kept grabbing them off his plate. Last week, Grammy said you are boy crazy like I was when I was a little girl. I feel sorry for your daddy when you grow up.

You refuse to call the dog Coco, even though you can say her name correctly now. You still call her Dodo. Now daddy and I have started calling her by the wrong name. Poor Dodo.

I have to chase you around the house to comb your crazy blonde hair and pull it back in a bow. You hate to sit still so I have to bribe you with stickers or we pretend to play beauty shop.

Your favorite foods right now are; bananas, macaroni & cheese, green beans, scrambled eggs (you steal them off my plate after you eat all of yours), mandarin oranges, fruit snacks, and pizza (although you call it pea-dah).

Yesterday you learned how to sing “Ring Around the Rosie”, it is too cute. I will try to get daddy to video this soon.

You love to dance but is usually consists of this sort-of skip move combined with lots of jumping. You fall down a lot but I think that is part of the fun.

You grab my hand and say “M’awn, Mommy” when you want me to follow you somewhere in the house. You pull my hand, pat the floor and say “Down” when you want me to sit down. This is usually when you want to play with your kitchen and cook breakfast for Daddy and me.

When I start singing the song “He’s got the whole world, in his hands”, you can’t wait for the itty bitty baby part of the song. You immediately scrunch your shoulders up to your ears and tap your pointer fingers and thumbs together to show me the itty bitty babies. Yet another song we need to capture on video.

I’m trying to teach you to sign I LOVE YOU each morning before I leave for work. You’ve got the I and the Love part down so far, but you always point to yourself when I say YOU!

I love you Sophia!
Love, Mommy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How very sweet. Although I don't always leave a comment, I do always read your blog and I love it. Wish I could have spent more time getting to know you and your family in Charlotte, but reading your journal certainly gives me a good idea of who you are-you are your mother made over. Love-Greta

ashley said...

what sweet memories for sophia to read one day. i know she will just love it!!

Anonymous said...

sooooo young and already like boys mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm wish I knew you I would do things to you to make you like them even more make your p-ssy feel sooooooo good