Friday, July 11, 2008

Thank you for my blessings!


You may have noticed that most of my blog posts have a similar theme. If you haven’t figured it out yet, just check out all the pictures on this page and calculate who takes up the largest percentage of the space. Yes, it is that beautiful little blonde girl who can take my breath away one minute and frustrate me the next. You may think that she is the only love of my life but that is far from the truth. Without her daddy, my life would be quite different from the crazy one I often write about here. Without Trey, I would not have Sophia.

I don’t often write about my love for Trey on my blog, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t there. The feelings I have for my husband are intimate and private, and I prefer to keep them that way. I will tell you that I never felt the depths of love, the vulnerability it demands, or understood how much I needed it in my life until I met Trey. He has been a part of my life for the past 5-6 years but the years I lived before him are not as vivid as the ones we have spent together.

I feel like my blogs about Sophia have also become my love letters to Trey. The details about her day, the ups and downs of parenting, and the emotions she imprints on my heart – these are all things that Trey shares with Sophia too. He understands each word that I write because he is by my side through it all. As parents we share our love for our daughter, just like as spouses we share our love for each other. No one else can understand the feelings I have in both relationships, except for Trey.

So today I just want to thank God for my two of the greatest blessings in my life, Trey and Sophia.

2 comments:

Ashley & Rhett said...

what sweet words for a great dad! we are blessed to walk along side you two in this new stage of parenthood we are just entering! you are great examples to us all!

Cliff said...

Stephanie, I have to admit I really admire you and Trey's relationship. As you know Sarah and I have had our differences, but as every day goes by our relationship gets stronger and stronger. She has been talking about kids a lot more lately and I can only hope that our family will be as loving and caring as yours some day. You and Trey are definitely role models and it is an honor to call you my friends. Keep up the great work!