Monday, September 29, 2008

Back from my business trip


8 days, 7 nights, and thousands of miles away. I was in Lisbon, Portugal last week for a business trip and I have NEVER spent that much time away from Sophia. Even worse, I was in a time zone that was 6 hours ahead and when I would get a chance to talk to Trey on the phone, she was still at daycare. Not hearing her voice for 5 days straight was very difficult, even if our conversations mainly consist of me asking if she is having fun with daddy and her responding "Yesh". After a total of 42 hours of travel time (over two days) to get back to Dallas on Saturday, I was exhausted but the first thing I did was tiptoe into her room just so I can could watch her sleep. On Sunday morning I finally got to see her smiling face when I went to get her out of bed. She willingly gave me hugs and kisses and I just inhaled her sweet little smell until she wiggled out of my arms to go play.

This was the second time that I have been to Lisbon this year, both times for business. Business travel is much different than leisure travel so I don't have a lot of sight-seeing pictures to post. We sat in meetings most of the days, ate a lot of traditional portugese food, and got out a few nights to walk around the town. Four days of travel for four days of meetings. I am happy to be home.
I am using work as my excuse for not posting lately (and I was without internet access for most of last week). I promise to keep up with postings in a more timely manner.

No comments: