Monday, October 27, 2008

Fun in the Fall










A few weeks ago we took Sophia to the Flower Mound Pumpkin Patch. We also took her last year so it appears we have started a fall family tradition. It is hard to believe that last year she had just learned to walk and this year she was running all over the farm. Getting her to stand still to take some pictures with the pumpkins was almost impossible. Sophia did like posing with the cartoon characters – Mickey Mouse and Alex from Madagascar were her favorites. Another favorite part of her day was the fun jump – until she got knocked over by a little boy. After that she was too scared to go back in, in case that mean boy was still in there! Each of us got to pick out a pumpkin, so there are three (still uncarved) pumpkins on the front steps of our house. Carving pumpkins was something I always did as a child, but Trey had never carved one until I asked him to help me a few years ago. He HATED it! I am thinking about getting Sophia to help me carve one this week.





We have some friends who have a Halloween Party every year. At the beginning of October, I start looking for costume ideas for Trey and me, but we still wait until the last minute to actually put an outfit together. This year was no exception – we stopped by the Halloween store on our way to Keller for the party to buy straw hats. It is hard to tell from the picture but we went as “a roll in the hay”.





It was fun but my favorite part was seeing Sophia in her costume for the first time. I bought her a pink princess outfit a few weeks ago and she has shown ZERO interest in putting it on so I was a little worried. I hope she still wants to wear the costume again on Friday for Halloween. Here is a picture of my princess!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Stephanie, Sophia looks so cute in her princess outfit. Hope she enjoyed wearing it. Emma and Hanna have so much fun dressing up in their dress up clothes. Hope you are feeling well, guess you better start thinking of the new little one's costume for next year. Greta