Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Our trip to Lisbon and Germany


Several weeks ago, I had to travel to Lisbon (for the third time this year) for work. I was so excited that I was able to bring Trey with me on this trip. It took about 18 hours of travel time over two days to get there. On my first day of meetings, Trey did some sightseeing around Lisbon...

There are some beautiful plazas, statues and buildings in Lisbon. The weather was also perfect for a walking tour of the city.

One night, we had dinner in a castle that overlooked the entire city. Here is a picture of the castle at the top of the hill (let's just say that the cab ride there was an adventure all it's own)!


After my last day of meetings, we took a train to the little town of Sintra and toured a beautiful palace with a breathtaking view of the ocean. Again, the palace was at the top of a hill but this time we had to hike up to the top - it was not easy for me being almost 3 months pregnant! Sorry we don't have any pictures inside but cameras were not allowed.

After Sintra we went on to the town of Cascais, which is right on the ocean. I can only imagine how beautiful this town is in the summer with it's beaches right at the bottom of the rocky cliffs. Trey had to climb down to the rocks for a picture.



After a busy week in Lisbon, we had to fly through Frankfurt, Germany on the way back to Dallas. Before our trip we decided to stay an extra day in Germany and do some more sightseeing. Unfortunately, it was REALLY COLD that day. We took a train up the Rhine river and stopped at a few little towns along the way. It was beautiful to see the castles and vineyards towering above these tiny towns.

It was a wonderful trip but by the end of the week I was ready to come home and see Sophia. We spend twelve long hours on the plane home Saturday and finally I got to hug my little girl again. I would love to go back to Germany again during the warmer months and it was great to be able to travel with Trey on this trip.
Top picture: Weary travelers on the train in Germany

No comments: