Thursday, March 5, 2009

The package...

I just thought I would post an email that I had to send earlier this week. I am having Baby T's bedding for his crib sewed by a local seamstress. I am not using her real name here but for the purpose of this story, I will call her Susie.

I ordered all of the fabric online and needed to deliver it to "Susie" seamstress. She lives about 30 miles away so I thought it would be easier (and quicker) to ship it to her house. And so the story goes...

From: Stephanie Suire
To: Susie Seamstress
Date Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 10:55 AM

Subject: Sending you fabric this week

Hi "Susie",

Ok - here is a not so funny story. Monday after work I stopped by the Pack-n-Mail store to ship the fabric to you. I gave the guy working behind the counter a sheet of paper on which I had written To: your address and From: my address. He told me that it would arrive at your door the next day (Tuesday). I paid for my package and left.

Yesterday after work I picked up my daughter (Sophia) from daycare, took her to dinner at Jason's deli and then to story time at the library. Basically I was worn out by the time she and I made it home at 8:00 PM. Sophia is only 2 1/2 and I am struggling to keep up with her now that I am almost 7 months pregnant. My husband sensed my stress level and took over her bedtime duties for me.

I walked downstairs and noticed a package sitting by the front door - the SAME PACKAGE that I had shipped to you the day before! The guy at the Pack n Mail store got the addresses mixed up and they mailed me my own package! AArrghh! It was one of those days that I was so consumed by frustration that I wanted to cry.

Thankfully, my husband took the package back to Pack-n-Mail this morning to send it your way. I'm not sure that I could have calmly explained their error without representing the typical stereotype of an overly emotional, hormonal pregnant woman.

Hopefully, the package should arrive at your house tomorrow.
Thanks! Stephanie


Let's hope it actually gets there this time....

No comments: