Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Bathroom renovation pictures...

A few months ago I wrote about the water leak in our Master bathroom that led to a total renovation. It took awhile (about 4 weeks?) to complete, but I am so happy with the results. Here are a few "After" pictures...


We removed the old white marble that surrounded the jacuzzi tub and replaced it with new tile to match the existing tile floor. The mirrored sliding doors to the closet (framed in brass) were also removed and replaced with the white french doors (to the right of the tub in the picture).


We also changed out the brass faucet and replaced it with one that has a brushed silver finish. The result is a new clean look (when it is not covered in Barbies, baby dolls and bath toys).


The shower also got a face lift by removing the old white tile, brass enclosure and brass fixtures. We also enlarged the shower and got a new glass enclosure.

Finally, we updated the brass light fixtures (that looked like bare bulbs on a brass strip), removed the wallpaper and painted the walls a light green. The granite countertops were added over a year ago and now the rest of the room has been updated to match.
Both of the vanities and all the trim also got a fresh coat of paint to finish off the room. I am so happy it is finished and I love the results! By the way, it took me so long to post these pictures because my bathroom never stays this clean.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

I am very much impressed by your blog, you can find more Contemporary Lighting Fixtures that suites your budget.

Ashley said...

love it!

Justin and Rachel Smith said...

How pretty! I know it must feel great to have that done before baby T is born!

TitansFan said...

Great job! I wanna get two separate vanities for my bathroom. I used to have a whirlpool tub and shower stall but we got rid of both of them and put in THE Steam Shower!

Heather said...

Your bathroom looks great! Also, your blog is quite entertaining. I was originally looking for photos of bathroom renovations, for a tv show I work for. But I got caught up reading about your daughter, very cute story about using your neighbors bathroom.

Anyway, I work for the show Bathtastic! on the DIY Network. Do you have any before photos? If so, and if you would be interested in having your renovation photos on a segment on the show, email me. We would send you a DVD copy of the show once it airs!
Thanks!

bathcasting@edelmanmn.com

Totalrenovering said...

Its really pretty good. It looks like brand new bathroom. Very excellent thank you for posting this great article.