Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Time... is NOT on my side

There are many days that I wish that I could get paid to be a writer... maybe if I was paid to write my blog it would get updated more often. I can come up with lots of excuses but the main reason is that life just gets in the way.

So I will take a deep breath and quickly bring you up to date on what you have missed in the past month...

Sophia got an ear infection, a virus, hives and tested positive for Type A influenza. Tallen had a fever, had his 4 month check-up, gained 2 pounds, got a yeast infection, tested positive for Type A influenza and lost about 1/2 a pound. Trey had an upper respiratory infection early last month and 24 hours after Sophia tested positive for the flu he was down for the count. I guess I was the first one with the flu (fever and body aches for four days probably indicate the flu) followed by an upper respiratory infection and recovered just in time to take care of everyone else who had the flu. Our family has made 8 trips to the doctor since the beginning of September!

On the Saturday morning in October that I was schedule to run the IBC 5K race, I was up at 6:30 AM heading to the store to buy Tylenol, lots of Lysol, disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizer to "germ free" our house. I washed every sheet, pillowcase and blanket that was coughed or sneezed on in burning hot water, then I prayed over our house and family so that we will never get the flu again.

The weather started to turn cooler and I discovered that Sophia has grown several inches since last winter and all of her pants are too short and tight. We spent several hours at the outlet mall trying to get her to try on jeans and pants while she ran through the aisles of the stores and played hide and seek in the rack. I tried to keep her strapped in the stroller but would let her out to put Tallen in it after my arms got too tired holding him. Trey finally agreed that we need a double stroller. I will be searching craigslist this weekend.

Work is super busy this time of year so I am trying to find those extra hours in each day to work some overtime but that has been difficult when I have had to stay home several days over the past month to take care of my sick husband and kids. Trying to catch up as fast as possible and still see my kids before they go to bed each night. Did I mention that Tallen is still nursing? Yes, another reason to try to rush home by 6:30 so I can feed him. This is also why I am sometimes functioning on 4-5 hours of sleep each night once I subtract the time spent awake after nursing him. I hope we get him back on his schedule soon - the flu really turned our world upside down.

Trey and I have missed date day in September and October but we are doing our best to squeeze in some kid free dates whenever possible. Date day is the 16th of every month (the day we got married in May) and we try to set aside that day to plan a date together - which I hear is so important when you have kids. Sunday we grabbed a cup of coffee together at the bookstore. Our date last approximately 47 minutes before we had to head back to his parents house to pick up the kids.

Whew, now that I have caught my breath I have to get back to work.

Oh I forgot to mention that we did buy a new camera so check back in a few days for a new edition of Fun Foto Friday!

No comments: