Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Resolutions? Not for me...


I'm glad that I did not make "update my blog on a regular basis" one of my New Year's resolutions because I would have broken it several times over by now... I am so far behind in posting but it is not for lack ideas and material. It has more to do with crazy travel over the holidays, sickness being passed around our family, and extra hours at work trying to meet multiple deadlines.

Here are a few things that I have wanted to post about in the past month:
(1) the crazy snowstorm in Dallas on Christmas Eve that almost kept us from attending our first candlelight service at Irving Bible Church. I cried during the service because I was missing my family and realizing that this is the tradition that our kids will grow up with (yeah, I am kind of sappy that way).

(2) our LONG,LONG,LONG drive to WV the day after Christmas and the crazy college bowl crowds at the Nashville Gaylord Opryland hotel. Sophia and I had breakfast on our balcony that quiet Sunday morning and I realized how much she has grown up this past year (more tears of joyful sadness).

(3) I got to hit the ski slopes for the first time in 7 years, and the first time ever with my husband! It was 17 degrees and I had to stop to pump that afternoon but it so fun that we are thinking about taking another trip this year without the kids. Wow, a real grown-up vacation with just my husband! Probably will never happen, but we like to dream...

(4) The scary, yucky night that I had to take Tallen to the hospital because his fever was over 104 and would not come down! Followed by more doctors visits and general sick, fussy baby for several days which is exhausting for everyone (even more so for Trey who was diagnosed with pneumonia the same day that Tallen got so sick).

(5) Funny, silly sayings that Sophia says that I want to capture so that we can look back and say "remember when Sophia said...". Things like, "Mommy, why don't airplanes roll on the ground like cars?" or "Mommy, you have goofballs in your ears!". This weekend we were watching the NFL playoffs and she shouted "Go orange cowboys!" while cheering for the Bengals. As I clamped my hand over my mouth to keep from laughing out loud, she turned to me and said very seriously "Mommy, I am cheering for the BASKETBALL GAME!" At least she has that little cheerleader inside of her, even if she doesn't know who or what she is cheering for!

**Our family picture in matching white shirts so when the kids are teenagers, we can show them how cool their parents were way back when.

2 comments:

M Denise C said...

I am glad everyone is on the mend and you had time to post!

Trey said...

We need another post!!