Sunday, February 20, 2011

Week 2 - In Review

After a very busy beginning of the week, I decided to listen to my body and actually REST on Thursday.  I had set my alarm for 5:00 AM Thursday morning, but I hit the snooze button instead of hitting the treadmill.  Lunch was spent at my desk working on Team In Training letters, then I had a MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) meeting at church that night.  Although this might sound busy, it was actually a rest day for my body - which I really needed.

On Friday, I got my workout in at lunchtime because I was picking up my mom at the airport after work.  After picking up the kids from daycare, we drove straight to the airport to pick up my mom before heading home for a late dinner.  Mom and I went out to our favorite local Italian restaurant and split a pizza.  It is a BYOB place and I really wanted to bring a bottle of wine but I decided against it because I had to get up early the next morning for...

Training with my team!  The morning started out fun because I won a prize for best fundraising website of the week! Last week I was dressed in layers for 27 degree weather and this week it was a perfect 58 degrees for our run.  Next week I plan to bring my camera to take pictures of the beautiful trails in Grapevine.  We run in a park along the lake and it was so peaceful to be outside early on Saturday.  I started out slow the first 1 - 1.5 miles then ran my usual pace the last 2.5 miles. 

Since mom is here, I decided to take a rest day from the gym.  Instead we played outside with the kids,Trey taught Sophia how to catch a baseball, I baked pumpkin quinoa muffins, we went for a walk in the park, and of course we had to feed the ducks.  After a game of tag, we headed home to cook dinner and get ready to watch the NBA All-Star game. 

Weekly mileage: Sunday - 3.1 miles, Monday - 4 miles, Tuesday - 2 miles, Friday - 2 miles, Saturday - 4 miles (Total of 15 miles)

1 comment:

Rick said...

Pumpkin muffins? Yum! I'll have to try those.