Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Everything is better in TWOs!!

Tallen is TWO YEARS OLD today!!  How did that happen?  Excuse me while I wipe away a few tears.  My baby boy keeps growing so fast and I really need to quit calling him a baby, he outgrew his baby status this past year.  People often comment on how tall he is... Although I don't think at my height (5' 2 1/2") that I can take any credit for his height.  Here are my musings about Two, inspired by Tallen turning Two. 

Two is...
  • The number of times I kissed each of Tallen's hands and feet this morning while changing his diaper after he woke up...
  • The number of times someone sang Happy Birthday to him this morning (Mommy and Daddy each sang to him)...
  • The number of times Tallen rode on a pony at my company picnic this weekend...
  • The number of times I have almost regretted writing this post now that Tallen is no longer a baby...
  • The number of Tallen's birthday cupcakes I ate on Sunday night (hey, they were not frosted yet so they didn't count)...
  • The number of Tallen's birthday cupcakes that I plan on eating tonight (check out the recipe here for these AMAZING cupcakes)
  • The number of miles I ran on Saturday morning before I got a call from my mother-in-law telling me that TWO of my kids were sick...
  • The number of times that Tallen apparently threw up on Friday night...
  • The number of plans we had to cancel on Saturday after the kids got sick (we canceled our play time at the Indoor Safari Park in Southlake and canceled family pictures with our favorite photographer)...
  • The number of movies I watched with my husband this weekend (a rare occurance) - we saw Bridesmaids at the theater on Friday night and watched The Fighter at home on Saturday night...
  • The number of days until our family vacation in San Antonio - we are taking the kids to Seaworld!!
  • The number of family celebrations we have in May - Our wedding anniversary and Tallen's birthday...
  • TWO is the number of kids in our family.  Which makes our family complete. 

1 comment:

Trey said...

I'm sad now :/