Tuesday, May 31, 2011

National Running Day - June 1, 2011


Sophia showing off my medal after my first half-marathon
 Did you know that June 1, 2011 is National Running Day

To be honest, I think they could have picked a better day than June 1st, maybe like April 25th or May 1st when the weather was much cooler here in Dallas.  Tomorrow, June 1st, the temperatures are expected to climb to the mid 90's!  But since it is NATIONAL Running day and not TEXAS Running day, I guess I shouldn't complain. 

Since I just found out about this National event, like five minutes ago, I am not sure how I am going to celebrate.  Team in Training is joining forces with DFWRuns and putting on a social run at the Katy Trail in Dallas tomorrow evening at 6:30 PM.  This would be a great time to get hot and sweaty with a bunch of other DFW runners and celebrate our passion for the running lifestyle. 

You can check out this site to see if there are running events in your area. 

After several attempts to become a runner over the past several years, I can now say that I am hooked.  I am officially a runner.  If you are not a runner, you might ask... Why do you run?

I run because...

It is my "me" time away from my kids
It is beautiful to watch the sun rising on early morning runs
It makes me feel stronger, physically and mentally
It makes me more feel more confident
It puts my problems into perspective
It makes me feel empowered as a woman
It can make a difference in other people's lives

Why do you run?  Share your love for running by leaving me a comment about why you run. 

No comments: