Monday, June 6, 2011

The Start of My Summer Reading List...

If you know me very well, then you probably know that some of my passions are; my family, running, dancing, baking, writing/blogging and of course READING!  I have loved books since I was a little girl and my mom read to me every night at bedtime.  In fact, my mom tells me that I was so impatient that I taught myself to read before kindergarten. 

Once school started, I would win the reading contests in my class for the most number of books read in a six week period.  The library was one of my favorite places to visit and I loved getting lost in a good book for hours. 

This love for reading has not changed over the years, but the time I have to read has dramatically decreased.  I have also made a transition from reading mainly fiction books to memoirs, cooking, parenting advice, and health/fitness.  Here are a few of the books that are stacked on the floor beside my nightstand that I am ready to devour this summer... 

Run Like a Mother by Dimity McDowell and Sarah Bowen Shea











Summer would not be complete without a few indulgent romance or chick-lit books.  They kind of book that you want to throw in your beach bag to read on vacation.  I need some recommendations to take on my Florida trip in a few weeks so...

What are you reading this summer?  What easy-reads should I pack for vacation?

No comments: