Saturday, November 5, 2011

30 Days of Thanks - Day 5

Even though today is Saturday, I woke up before the sun came up.  My body is conditioned to wake up around 6 AM every day and today was no different.  Then I heard Sophia open the door to our bedroom and felt her crawl into our bed.  She has a cold so she kept sniffling and I knew that I was not going to get any more sleep. 

I decided to go ahead and get up, so I could get my grocery shopping out of the way.  Today I was cooking a special lunch for some very special guests, so I needed to go buy all the ingredients for Vegetable Lasagna.  Since Sophia was not feeling well, I convinced her to stay home and promised that I would make her some Mickey Mouse pancakes when I got back from the store. 

Even though I had a long list, grocery shopping went quick since there was not a lot of people in the store. For that, I AM THANKFUL.  When I got home, I hurried to put away the groceries because Tallen kept asking for pancakes. 

After breakfast, I got to work making two large pans of lasagna.  They were in the oven by 11:00 AM and ready when our guests arrived for lunch around 1:00 PM. 


A few days ago, Trey called and asked me if we had any plans this Saturday.  Trisha just finished her training for her job in Petroleum Engineering in Oklahoma and her parents and boyfriend were driving her back to Louisiana.  They thought it might be fun to drive to Dallas for a short visit on their drive home, so I offered to make lunch for everyone.  Trey's parents also come over for lunch, so we all gathered around the (very much underused) dining room table.  For that, I AM THANKFUL

The weather was perfect today, with the sun shining and a slight chill in the air.  After lunch we sat outside and watched the kids play on their play set.  It was so nice to have family at our house, since it is usually us who travels to visit family.  For that, I AM THANKFUL

The kids went home with Trey's parents to spend the night again, so Trey and I have the entire afternoon to rest and relax.  For that, I AM THANKFUL.  I have to get up early in the morning to run a half marathon!!!!

No comments: